Sunday 22 March 2015

Blog post 1

Tuesday, April 19, 1266


I am not in despair or grieving the people of my past, for they will not be in my future. My present is my life, but the future is always unknown. That must be what I love about it. I am not proud of my past, and I am trying to make my future something to be proud of. Where I am going in this spontaneous life of mine? I woke up in a dank, empty cellar of which I had no recollection at all. Today was already off to a bad start. I stand up and I have a painful throbbing in my head, but I know I am happy, for Genghis Khan had lead the Mongols to take over China in its entirety. I don’t understand the fuss. It was going to happen unquestionably. The thing is Genghis couldn’t live forever, so his grandson Kublai Khan eventually became our leader. Dictator one might say, but what do I care, I am not perfect either. Kublai Khan is actually a great ruler, why else would he be called “Great Khan.” -He asked to be called that you say? Yeah, but so did five family members before him. What difference does it make?- The people of China are divided into two main groups. The supporters and the protesters. I don’t know why the supporters only consist of my friends and me, but I know there are assorted people across China whom are too obsessed with what their peers will think of them to come out and say they wish they were one of the Mongols. Poor, opinion deprived people. Being safe in no fun! I say all hail Kublai Khan, but that might just be because I secretly hope I will be accepted to join their revolt. Wait, it isn’t rebellion if it’s legal is it? Well, what does it matter? Me and my childish dreams. Why am I so entwined in my thoughts when I should be living my life like a normal Mongol-loving, lazy, aloof, sullen teenage boy who has lost everything he loved, and it’s all his fault. Too bad there is only one of those in our world. And his hand is moving the ink over these very pages you are now reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment