Sunday 22 March 2015

Yuan Dynasty Puppet Pilgrimage Blog Post #4


I have finally arrived in Nanjing! Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I am Puff the magic dragon from America. I’m traveling up a portion of the Yangtze River from Shanghai to Nanjing. It is short and sweet. But now back to the point. I am in Nanjing! I have made it to my friend’s house that had prepared food for me in advance. I was so hungry I ate all of it. There were lots of fruits, nuts and things that were grown because of the improved agriculture. Then I went to bed because I was so tired from the walk. Now it is the next morning I am going to see the sights. The first place I am going to is the Sarira pagoda in Qixia Temple it was built in AD 601. The Sarira pagoda looks really cool and the whole temple does too. My next stop is a bixie sculpture at Xiao Xiu’s tomb it was built in AD 518. The stone sculpture of the southern dynasties is considered as the cities icon. I thought it was superb but it was just a statue. Now I am eating lunch at my friends house it is just as good as the food before because of obvious reasons. It is because of the economy uplift and the agriculture blah blah blah. After I eat I will then have to go home. It is sad but now it is time to go back to America. My travels have been fun. Puff the magic dragon leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment