Sunday 22 March 2015

Blog Post 4

We danced. We laughed. We celebrated. In our minds, that is. Kublai Khan wanted us. I think we were going to become Mongols.
“Yeah, I guess that’s cool,” stammered Chao.
“Pfff, Chao you sound like my grandma when I ask her what she does for work. “Oh you know...I get around. Um, listen I have to use the bathroom. I’ll be right back.” Yup she grew up rich. Never had to work a day in her life, but she’s gone now. Fey got a far away look in her eyes. I snap in front of her face to get her into the present again. My gosh,  I think, you think you’d pay attention when Marco Polo was standing in front of you. We knew all the people associated with Kublai Khan, and Marco Polo was one of them. He spoke again:
“Alright then. It’s settled. You will pack your things and follow me to where you will be introduced to Kublai Khan.”
“It sure is settled sir,” I said dumbfounded.
“Please call me Marco, young thief”
“Um, okay. Well, what are you waiting for boys, let’s get packing,” said Fey.
“I leave you three to it. I will be back in five minutes. Be ready or stay home.”
We all chatted excitedly about what was in store for us at the palace of the Great Khan.
“What do you think we will be doing guys. Personal thieves, spies, or even Mongols. We could become Mongols!” said Chao. Fey calmed him down, and we finished gathering our very small assortment of possessions and clothing. We exited our home with minutes to spare, but Marco Polo was there nonetheless. We silently followed him until we made it to a chariot. We passed an awful lot on the way there, but I am going to fast forward a while to when we made it to the palace. WHen we got there Marco Polo signaled the guards at the entrance in some way, and we entered. Kublai Khan was sitting on the throne.  Marco Polo introduced us and all three of us almost fainted. Three dusters were thrust into our hands. We laughed thinking it was a joke, but we were then ordered to start on the fifth floor, and dust all the rooms going up by nightfall in three hours. The reality of his words suddenly dawned on all of our faces. And so it goes. We all sighed and started planning our escape from the horrid palace. Looking back. I realize how really laughable the whole thing really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment