Sunday 22 March 2015

Yuan Dynasty Puppet Pilgrimage Blog Post #3

I am Puff the magic dragon and this is my 3rd journal entry. I am traveling up a portion of the Yangtze River to see the sights and learn new things. Right now I am walking all the way to Nanjing, from Shanghai. I know it seems like a long way but I am ready for it plus it will give me time to think. If my calculations are right then I will arrive in Nanjing in 6 days. It is morning now so I shall leave. I will sadly not be walking up the river for time reasons but I will see it once I get to Nanjing. On my way I will see people who trade. First I am traveling to Kunshan, when I get there I will stay where I can. I think there will plenty of places to stay because of the advances in economy that were made. The next day I will walk to Suzhou, I can only stop for one night though. I would kind of like to stay longer to understand the culture. But I can’t I must make it to Nanjing. My only problem is money I may not have enough to make it all of the to Nanjing because everything is more expensive to the rich. I guess I’m rich. Did you know they started printing paper money? It is so cool. My next stop will be Wuxi. I will try to be cheap on wear I stay. Then I will go to Changzhou by then my feet will probably be killing me. But I have to push on because I want to see Nanjing. My final stop before I go to Nanjing will be in Danyang it will be the longest walk yet. It will be probably more than a full day. I am so excited. I shall arrive in Nanjing on the sixth night with practically no money. But I do have a place to stay, with an old friend from America. Now I must start my very long journey to Nanjing!

No comments:

Post a Comment