Friday 20 March 2015

Yuan Dynasty Puppet Pilgrimage Blog Post #2

I am Puff the Magic Dragon from America; I am traveling up part of the Yangtze River to see the trades and sights. I am starting at the end, in Shanghai and ending in Nanjing. The river here is pretty; it splits into different parts that end up in the ocean. Everything here is pretty, especially the agriculture. The crops here are very "interesting," there is: sorghum and cotton that were introduced recently. Sorghum and cotton are also trades among China. I hear years back it was really dull here in Shanghai. It must have flourished, art is accepted everywhere. I think a new era is beginning it is beautiful. There is theatre and opera, but that sounds boring I'd rather do something more fun. There is an easy government that lets scholars teach in private academies, they do not have to teach at government schools. There is advanced technology in the Yuan dynasty in China. There is so much more things than there used to be. The newer Tech is brought by merchants oversea, stuff like: horses carpets, medicines and spices. Important items from China were also exported, things including: textiles, ceramics and lacquer ware. These are for other countries to share the wealth with china, I suppose. In Shanghai I found the culture is very compelling my travel up the Yangtze River I have found that China is very interesting. Next I will travel to Nanjing along the Yangtze River and I can't wait to see what I will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment